Founder, Louis Edelman brought his wife and four children to Philadelphia in 1926 from Weston, West Virginia where he was the local jeweler, optician and watch inspector for the B & O Railroad. The company moved to 4216 Lancaster Avenue in West Philadelphia where they did business under the name of Edelman’s Loan Office. His son Milton Edelman joined the company after graduating from Germantown High School in 1933. During World War II Milton Edelman worked as an aircraft inspector for the US Navy at the Philadelphia Naval Base.

In the 1950’s Milton Edelman established our coin and stamp collateral loan business. In 1966 he moved the business to 301 York Road, Jenkintown, a suburb 30 minutes north of center city Philadelphia. After graduating from Temple University, his son Jon Edelman joined Edelman’s Coins. Now in our 85th year, Louis Edelman’s great grandson Andrew, a graduate of Penn State University has joined the company running our internet sales and paper money department.